Sunday, August 21, 2011

Week Two....and Three!!

Ok. It has been a bit! This was my first week back in school, which left me with a few challenges. First, time. Isn't time ever elusive??? Second, how to maintain this diet while working, without going crazy???

Here's what I have been doing. Breakfast was the biggest challenge, but thanks to my ever creative husband, we came up with an idea. We whisked a few eggs, black beans, ham, green peppers, and mushrooms together, divided the mixture between a few muffin tins, and baked at 375* for 30 minutes. Voila! Mini quiches that fit the bill! Topped with a bit of salsa, they were delicious!

Lunch has primarily consisted of canned black bean or lentil soup (Wolfgang Puck has one of each that are amazing!), or a salad with beans sprinkled on. Nothing new or overly creative to report for dinners this last week or so, but this week's challenge is to try chickpea flour yeast bread. Could be a HUGE lifesaver if it is palatable!

The stats?

Well......

Day 1: 160 lbs
Today: 150.2 lbs

Almost below 150!! Yay me!!!!

And that is with the Snicker Swirl from Culver's that I "snuck" yesterday......

3 comments:

  1. Naughty girl! :) But I don't blame you! lol Snicker swirl is pretty awesome.... Anyway, I love your breakfast idea, and how cool is ten pounds lost?!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear how the chickpea flour yeast bread goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't forget what karen said if you don't reach your goal weight!! ;) but way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete